Driving instructor

Having worked for a national driving school I now want to set up my own school.  I am in a position to be able to buy my first instruction car.  Are there any tax breaks available for the car?  

1st February 2012

Normally when you buy a car, you are only able to claim 10% or 20% of the value of the car each year.

However, provided that the car is fitted with dual-control mechanisms, you could claim all of the cost in the year you purchased the car; even if it was on Hire Purchase.

In order to make the best use of this break, you may benefit from speaking with your local TaxAssist Accountant.





By Jo Nockels

Disclaimer: The information provided is based on current guidance (at date of publication) from HMRC and may be subject to change. Any advice shared here is intended to inform rather than advise. Taxpayer's circumstances do vary and if you feel that the information provided is beneficial it is important that you contact us before implementation. If you take, or do not take action as a result of reading this information, before receiving our written endorsement, we will accept no responsibility for any financial loss incurred.

Call us today to make an appointment at your local office

0800 0523 555

Or submit an enquiry