Enhanced Capital Allowance Claims

We are refurbishing our offices and someone mentioned that we could claim Enhanced Capital Allowances on the water and sanitary fittings.  Do you know what he meant by this?

1st June 2008

When you equip a building with items like those you mentioned, the cost cannot be written off against profits immediately.  You are able to claim Capital Allowances on the expenditure which effectively writes off the expenditure over a number of years. 

The Enhanced Capital Allowances has continued under the revised Capital Allowances system from April 2008. This allows you to write off the whole of the expenditure on certain qualifying items in the year of expenditure rather than claiming it over a number of years

A list of qualifying equipment and fittings is available on www.eca.gov.uk.

By Jo Nockels

Disclaimer: Advice shared in this blog is intended to inform rather than advise. Taxpayer's circumstances do vary and if you feel that the information provided is beneficial it is important that you contact us before implementation. If you take, or do not take action as a result of reading this forum, before receiving our written endorsement, we will accept no responsibility for any financial loss incurred.

Contact us today to make an appointment at your local office

Submit an enquiry