Call us 0800 0523 555

Contact Us

*COVID-19 update: Many of our shops and offices are now open for face to face meetings with strict social distancing measures in place. We also offer telephone and video consultations for all new clients in order to discuss your needs. Find the latest COVID-19 information available for your business.

What will my tax code be from 6th April 2019?

How much Tax-Free income can I get before I start paying tax and what will my new tax code be?

On the 6th April 2019, your personal allowance will increase to £12,500 for the 2019/20 tax year. This is the amount you can receive before you start to pay any tax.

This new allowance is reflected into your tax code and your code will be ‘1250L’ for any English or Northern Irish taxpayers.

If you are a Scottish taxpayer, then it will be ‘S1250L’ or a Welsh taxpayer it will be ‘C1250L’.

This is the standard tax code for employees, who don't have any other income or have any other adjustments in their tax code.

If you want us to check your tax code, please feel free to call us and we will put in touch with you local TaxAssist Accountant.

Call us today to make an appointment with your local office

Consultations available by telephone or video

0800 0523 555

Contact Us