Contact Us

You can claim tax relief on fees or subscriptions you pay - but only if you must have membership in order to do your job or it is helpful for your work. HMRC maintains a list of approved professional organisations which you can view online here.

You cannot claim tax back on fees or subscriptions you have paid to professional organisations not approved by HMRC, or for:

  • life membership subscriptions
  • fees or subscriptions you have not paid for yourself (for example, if your employer has paid for them)

You can make the claim on your tax return if you complete one. Otherwise, there is an option to do it online, by post or over the phone.

If you have multiple years to claim for or would like some support with claiming your expenses, please contact us on 0800 0523 555 or enquire online here to arrange an appointment.

Last updated: 5th January 2021

This article is intended to inform rather than advise and is based on legislation and practice at the time. Taxpayer’s circumstances do vary and if you feel that the information provided is beneficial it is important that you contact us before implementation. If you take, or do not take action as a result of reading this article, before receiving our written endorsement, we will accept no responsibility for any financial loss incurred.


Other pages within this section:

Previous Next