Based in Durham.
We are part of an award winning, UK-wide network of accountants with 300 shops and offices supporting more than 60,000 clients.
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join our small, friendly and expanding business-based Accountancy business, located in Durham which specialises in providing a friendly, flexible and proactive all year-round service to small businesses and individuals in the local areas.
Qualifications less important than experience, but with a minimum 1 - 2 years Practice experience
Hours: Full time or Part-time (5 days a week)
- Preparation of Accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies.
- Preparation and review of Self-Assessment Tax Returns for Sole Traders, Rental Property Income, Individuals and Partnerships.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax Computations for Limited Companies.
- Preparation, review and submission of VAT Returns.
- Managing the processing of monthly payrolls and setting up and administration of Auto Enrolment schemes
- Provision of day to day business support to Clients.
- Organising and updating relevant data using various applications
- Answering telephone calls, dealing with enquiries and responding to queries in a timely, courteous and efficient manner and accurately logging information.
- Establishing and maintaining a professional and friendly working relationship with Clients, outsourced partners and colleagues.
- Previous experience within a small Accountancy Practice (essential)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Knowledge of accounting software – TaxCalc, QuickBooks, Brightpay or similar is useful but training can be given
- A high degree of IT literacy and the ability to embrace new technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a customer service focus
- Experience of dealing with HMRC
- Working knowledge and experience of Payroll and Auto Enrolment procedures
- You must have a positive attitude and demonstrate a proactive and enthusiastic, customer-focused approach.
- You will need to be conscientious, committed and reliable.
- You must be able to produce accurate and timely work and to work on your own initiative to tight deadlines, without compromising the quality of work.
- You should have good communication skills and be able to develop good working relationships within a small team.
- You must be able to communicate with Clients in a friendly and professional manner.
- You should be proactive, motivated and willing to learn, with a problem-solving attitude.
Working with TaxAssist Accountants
This is an excellent opportunity for a capable individual, looking for variety and wishing to develop their skills and experience in an expanding business, using industry leading software with support from a multi award winning network.
Experience the rewarding and varied nature of working with small businesses and individuals in a friendly local business atmosphere.
Work for an employer focused on long term staff retention. Career development opportunities are available to the right candidates.
Benefit from access to training and CPD to expand your skills and technical knowledge.
If you are an enthusiastic and hardworking individual and are interested in applying for this post, please email your CV together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, preferred hours of work and salary expectations to [email protected] .
Apply for this role
If you would like to apply for this role please complete your contact details below