Based in Letchworth.
Location: Letchworth, Hertfordshire, SG6 3AQ.
Salary: Up to £30,000 depending on experience.
Contract: Full time, 37.5 hours per week, permanent.
We are part of an award winning, UK-wide network of accountants with more than 280 offices supporting more than 60,000 clients. We specialise in providing accountancy and taxation services to small businesses.
About the role
We are seeking an accountant with practice experience to join our growing, ambitious accountancy practice. We require a confident, motivated professional to help us continue to deliver an unrivalled service to our clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Review and prepare self-assessment tax returns, accounts for sole traders and partnerships.
- Dealing with clients and HRMC enquiries and queries
- Reviews & prepares Ltd company accounts, year-end accounts, corporation tax returns, payroll & CIS
- Preparation of bookkeeping and VAT returns/submission
- Assist with training new members of staff when required
- Providing advice and guidance to clients and junior staff when required
- Migrating clients onto cloud accounting bookkeeping systems
What we need from you
- Comfortable talking to small business owners about their accounts and tax returns at their level
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems, UK tax laws and accounting standards applicable to small business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to both clients and colleagues
- You'll have made significant progress towards, or have completed your AAT, ATT or ACCA qualification and have several years’ experience within the accountancy profession.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, TaxCalc, Sage, Xero, Moneysoft and Brightpay (training will be provided)
- In house training programme at our National Training Academy and external trainers
Do you have previous experience in a similar position?
Are you eligible to live and work in the UK with fluent English language skills?
Do you live within a commutable distance of SG6 3AQ?
Apply for this role
If you would like to apply for this role please complete your contact details below