Practice Accountant - Full time
Salary: £36,000 - £42,000 DOE
We are looking for a Practice Accountant to join our expanding accountancy practice in Cambridge, where we have 2 offices.
This exciting opportunity would suit a dynamic, flexible and motivated individual. Our accountancy practice provides varied and interesting work, delivering a friendly and proactive year-round service to small businesses and personal taxpayers in the local area.
The successful candidate will report to the Practice Manager and be involved with all aspects of accountancy, taxation and client relationships.
TaxAssist Accountants is the largest small business accountancy network in the UK, with over 400 locations and industry-leading support and systems. This is a great chance to be part of a very successful, award-winning business model.
The Role Provides
- A varied workload with a diverse client base including local businesses and individuals
- Opportunities to liaise with clients at all levels and manage a portfolio of clients
- Opportunity to develop the practice, assist staff and enhance processes and systems
- Develop market leading services with latest practice software
- Opportunity to meet potential new clients
Duties and Responsibilities of the Role
The key duties of the role are as follows:
- Preparation and review of Accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
- Preparation and review of Self-Assessment Tax Returns for Sole Traders, Rental Property Income, Individuals and Partnerships
- Preparation of Corporation Tax Computations for Limited Companies
- Preparation, review and submission of VAT Returns
- Provision of client-focused support including client meetings
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquirers and staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility
- Plus other duties consistent with the grade as directed.
Suitable candidates must have:
- ACCA/ICAEW qualified or equivalent, QBE also considered. Min 5 years (recent) practice experience.
- Accounts, VAT and Tax knowledge and experience with OMB, Small Businesses and Individuals
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrate an enthusiastic, customer-focused approach.
- A proactive, positive and self-motivated attitude with a problem-solving mindset.
- Strong IT skills, with experience in practice software, including TaxCalc, QuickBooks, Xero and Dext.
- Experience of dealing with HMRC.
- The ability to adapt to new software, systems and regulatory changes.
- The ability to work independently (with appropriate support) and to take responsibility for all aspects of technical work.
- An excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written).
- Competitive salary - £36,000 - £42,000 DOE
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave (FTE) plus bank holidays plus your birthday
- Company pension scheme
- Health Assured employee well-being service
- Access to training and CPD to expand your skills and technical knowledge
If you wish to apply for this role, please complete our online application form below or write sending a letter and CV to [email protected].
This position is for someone to be office based across our two Cambridge offices so please do not apply if you want to work remotely.