At some point RTI (Real Time Information) will affect you and your business where payroll is concerned – so your response can help us inform HMRC.
If you run your own business then we would like to hear from you by completing this survey which takes less than two minutes to complete.
The survey has now closed and the results will be shared shortly.
Thankyou so much for your support in completing this survey as your responses helped form part of the results of the 'PAYE at the Crossroads' Report by the APPTG:
This survey has been produced by the All-Party Parliamentary Taxation Group and
TaxAssist Accountants and has been sent across the UK to allow your voice to be heard.
All-Party Parliamentary Taxation Group
The goal of the APPG Taxation is to look at and understand tax policy and taxation at all levels; to understand VAT and PAYE in the UK; to contact and talk to accountants and Revenue officials; to look at European tax affairs and international taxation.
For more information visit - http://www.appgtaxation.org/
Survey Results from 393 Small Business Owners across the UK
1. Does your business employ 9 or less people and have an annual turnover of less
2. Who processes your payroll (gross to net calculation)?
3. How is your payroll processed (gross to net calculation)?
4. Do you consider the accuracy of your employees' personal data (i.e. first name, address etc) you input into your payroll software system, spreadsheet or provide to your agent?
5. Do you have any relationship or receive correspondence from your software provider?
6. Do you know what PAYE 'Real Time Information' (RTI) is?
7. Some payroll software will allow you to send RTI submissions to HMRC directly. Did you realise that your payroll software will have to be made RTI compliant in order to do so?
8. Do you know how much RTI will cost you in terms of software?
9. Where did you find out about RTI?
10. Do you know when will it be mandatory for your business to be compliant with RTI?
11. Under RTI, how will you consider the accuracy of your employees' personal data (i.e. first name, address etc) you input into your payroll software system, spreadsheet or provide to your agent?
12. What impact will RTI have on your workload for payroll administration?
By Jo Nockels
Last updated June 2012
Disclaimer: The information provided is based on current guidance (at date of publication) from HMRC and may be subject to change. Any advice shared here is intended to inform rather than advise. Taxpayer's circumstances do vary and if you feel that the information provided is beneficial it is important that you contact us before implementation. If you take, or do not take action as a result of reading this information, before receiving our written endorsement, we will accept no responsibility for any financial loss incurred.