Submit an enquiry

You could ask HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) to collect your tax liability gradually from your employment income by adjusting your tax code. In order to do this, make sure that box 2 on page 5 of the tax return is blank before you file your return and the return is filed by 30 December 2011.

Please note, anyone can request to have their 2010/11 tax liability settled like this, provided their tax liability is under £2,000 and they submit their return by 30 December 2011 (from next year, the limit will be increased to £3,000).

Alternatively, there may be scope to negotiate a Time to Pay Arrangement with HMRC, which is effectively a payment plan.

If you would like to discuss your difficulties with settling your tax liability further, please do not hesitate to contact your local TaxAssist Accountant.

Our Services

Other pages within this section :

Previous Next