Call us 0800 0523 555

Contact Us

*COVID-19 update: Many of our shops and offices are now open for face to face meetings with strict social distancing measures in place. We also offer telephone and video consultations for all new clients in order to discuss your needs. Find the latest COVID-19 information available for your business.

How to pay HMRC

I have lost the payslip I need to pay HMRC my tax. What should I do?

Firstly, interest will be accruing on a daily basis on the outstanding amount and late payment penalties will start to apply once the debt is over 30 days old. So you should settle the tax as soon as possible.

There are a variety of ways to pay HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) including:

  • Direct Debit
  • Online using a debit/ credit card
  • Faster Payments by online/ telephone/ CHAPS
  • At the bank using a Bank Giro slip
  • At the Post Office
  • By post

Whichever option you go for, make sure you quote your Unique Taxpayer’s Reference (UTR) too- a ten-digit reference that you should find on most correspondence from HMRC.

For more information on payment options, visit the Department’s website

Call us today to make an appointment with your local office

Consultations available by telephone or video

0800 0523 555

Contact Us