A: From 6th April 2014:
- The car fuel benefit charge multiplier will increase from £21,100 to £21,700
- The lower threshold will be reduced from 115g/km to 110g/km
- The lowest appropriate percentages are still 0 per cent and 5 per cent
- An 11 per cent charge will apply to cars with CO2 emissions of 76g/km to 94g/km, up from 10 per cent last year
- The appropriate percentage will increase by 1 per cent for all vehicles with CO2 emissions between 95g/km and 210g/km, to a maximum of 35 per cent
- The van fuel benefit charge multiplier will increase from £564 to £581.
- The van benefit will increase from £3,000 to £3,090.
The rules and implications of company vehicles are far reaching, so you would be advised to seek professional advice from your local TaxAssist Accountant before acquiring a new vehicle.