Call us 0800 0523 555

Contact Us

*COVID-19 update: Many of our shops and offices are now open for face to face meetings with strict social distancing measures in place. We also offer telephone and video consultations for all new clients in order to discuss your needs. Find the latest COVID-19 information available for your business.

Can I ignore the P35 I've received?

I have received a P35 from HMRC but I don’t think I need to submit one. Can i just ignore it?

If you think you have received the form in error, you should inform HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). Otherwise, the department will automatically raise late filing penalties.

To notify HMRC that you do not need to submit the P35, you’ll need your Employer PAYE reference (you’ll find this P35 they’ve sent you) and your contact details. You will also need to know whether you are intending to submit form P11D(b) as well.

You can notify them online at, over the phone with the Employer Helpline on 08457 143 143 or via an agent (such as an accountant).

Your local TaxAssist Accountant would be happy to deal with this on your behalf.


Call us today to make an appointment with your local office

Consultations available by telephone or video

0800 0523 555

Contact Us