Call us 0800 0523 555

Contact Us

*COVID-19 update: Many of our shops and offices are now open for face to face meetings with strict social distancing measures in place. We also offer telephone and video consultations for all new clients in order to discuss your needs. Find the latest COVID-19 information available for your business.

Tax credit renewal date on the horizon

The deadline for tax credit renewals is approaching this month. Those who have been sent an Annual Declaration form TC603D or TC603D2 are required to provide the information asked for by July 31 2013, or the date shown in the renewal pack.
The Tax Credit Office asks claimants to 'renew' tax credit claims once a year. This is to ensure the right amount is paid and that they have the right personal information going forward.
Everyone who makes a claim for tax credits during a tax year receives a renewal pack for the following year. This also applies if:

- You claimed tax credits but didn’t receive them because your income was too high

- You only received tax credits for part of the year

It is not possible to provide the Annual Declaration information online. The form must be completed with all relevant information and paperwork together before you contact the Tax Credit Helpline.
For those who haven’t yet received a renewal pack, it is important to contact the Tax Credit Helpline before June 28 2013. The Helpline will send on the relevant renewal form, providing applicants with 30 days in which to return the form.
If there are any changes to personal circumstances, HMRC recommends having the following to hand prior to renewal:

  • Copies of any award notices the Tax Credit Office has sent during the year

  • A diary or calendar showing important changes, like when you started a new job, or when your child left school or college

  • Bills or receipts showing how much you paid for childcare during the year

Tax credit renewals require paperwork to demonstrate actual income. You will have to give details of combined income – including your partner’s (if you have one) – in the past year. The following paperwork may be required for both yourself and any partner:

  • P60 or P45 forms, or payslips showing your total wages for the year

  • P11D or P9D form, if you’ve had one, showing the value of any 'benefits in kind' your employer has given you during the tax year e.g. a company car

  • If you’re self-employed, your business accounts or your tax return

  • Notes of any pension and Gift Aid payments you have made – ignore payments to occupational pension schemes where your employer has already deducted payment from your wages

  • Letters or statements from the Department for Work and Pensions, or Department for Social Development in Northern Ireland, stating what state pensions or state benefits you received

  • Letters from private pension companies, showing what pension income you received

  • Bank and building society statements, dividend certificates and income from trusts certificates

Call us today to make an appointment with your local office

Consultations available by telephone or video

0800 0523 555

Contact Us