Practice Accountant - Full time, permanent.
Based in Maldon.
We are seeking a Practice Accountant to join our growing office based in Maldon, Essex.
TaxAssist Accountants is a national network of accountants who are experts in helping small business owners and self-employed people with their tax and accountancy needs. With an open and friendly approach, we're straightforward to understand and provide real value for money. We rank in the Accountancy Age UK Top 25 with over 200 offices across the country.
We are looking for a Practice Accountant with strong practice experience to support our next growth phase. Comfortable in a small office environment, you'll take responsibility for managing a portfolio of small business clients.
Practice Accountant - The Role:
You'll provide a range of services to a varied portfolio of limited companies, sole traders and partnerships including;
• Preparation and submission of limited company accounts including all relevant tax computations and tax returns.
• Preparation and submission of sole trader and partnership accounts including all relevant tax computations and tax returns.
• Assisting with analysis of financial statements and reporting on variances/trends.
• Assisting in any investigations that occur and providing technical support for colleagues and clients.
• Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
• Preparation of quarterly and monthly management accounts using QuickBooks.
• Incomplete records
Practice Accountant – Skills and Experience:
You'll have made significant progress towards, or have completed your AAT, ATT or ACCA qualification and have several years' experience within the accountancy profession. Comfortable talking to small business owners about their accounts and tax returns at their level, you must also have:
• Strong knowledge of accounting systems, UK tax laws and accounting standards applicable to small business
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to both clients and colleagues
• A desire to embrace technological change
• Specific knowledge of TaxCalc, Quickbooks, Kashflow, Xero, ReceiptBank
• A knowledge of Virtual CabinetCIS, Payroll, Moneysoft and Brightpay would also be beneficial
This is an excellent opportunity for a capable individual who enjoys working as part of a team to deliver excellent client service. The ideal candidate will be looking to develop their skills in a rapidly growing and dynamic business using industry leading software with support from a multi award winning accountancy network.
If we've just described you and you want to experience the rewarding and varied nature of working with small businesses in a friendly local business atmosphere, then forward an up to date CV and cover letter to [email protected] or alternatively apply via the link here.
Apply for this role
If you would like to apply for this role please complete your contact details below