Assistant Accountant/Administrative Officer
Based in Wallington.
Job Title: Assistant Accountant/Administrative Officer
Location: Wallington Greater London
Working hours: Full-time
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant/Administrative Officer to join our small, friendly and expanding shop-based accountancy practice. We specialise in providing a friendly, flexible and proactive all year-round service to small businesses and individuals in Wallington, Purley and South Croydon.
What will you need in becoming the successful Assistant Accountant/Administrative Officer
- Part qualified ACCA/ACA or AAT level 3/4
- 2 years’ experience in practice
- Up-to-date tax and accounting knowledge
- Experience of running payrolls and dealing with auto enrolment and pensions
- Experience of preparing self-assessment tax returns
- Ability to work unsupervised and meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a customer service focus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent numeracy skills and financial awareness
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of dealing with HMRC
- Knowledge of CCH and cloud software
- A high degree of IT literacy and the ability to embrace new technology
- Organising and updating relevant data using various applications
- Methodical approach and ability to maintain accurate and transparent data
Your aim as our Assistant Accountant/Administrative Officer
Responsibility for providing a complete accounting and business support service to clients. To provide administrative and secretarial support to Principal/Franchise. To manage TaxAssist Accountants office and ensure smooth daily running of all office functions. To provide payroll, accounting and business support services to clients.
Your main duties as our Assistant Accountant/ Administrative Officer
- To provide administrative and secretarial support to Principal/Franchisee
- To ensure there are systems in place for managing the workload effectively and making sure that quality standards are maintained
- To ensure that there are systems in place for maintaining complete and accurate client records
- To be the key person for liaison between Principal and clients/other members staff.
- To manage schedule and diary for the Principal and arrange appointments on her behalf. Organising and prioritising future commitments to ensure schedules are not overloaded.
- Responsibility for running the payrolls for clients and liaising with HMRC to resolve queries
- Responsibility for enrolling clients into a pension scheme and liaising with the pension provider and the Pensions Regulator
- General bookkeeping duties
- Completing self-assessment tax returns for clients
- Assist the accountant with the preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Assist the accountant with the preparation of VAT returns
- Completion of on-line submissions to HMRC and Companies House
Working for TaxAssist Accountants
This is an opportunity for a capable individual to develop a career in a multi award winning network of independent accountants. We offer variety and the opportunity for you to develop your skills and experience in an expanding accountancy practice.
If you are enthusiastic, proactive, conscientious, committed and reliable and are interested in applying for the post, please email your CV together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and salary expectations to [email protected]
Apply for this role
If you would like to apply for this role please complete your contact details below