Based in Litherland.
A Practice Accountant is required to join our well established and growing Accountancy Practice to undertake a wide range of duties on a full-time basis. Salary circa £35 based on experience and qualifications.
This role would suit a qualified or part qualified accountant with enthusiasm to work in a growing practice environment.
- Preparation, review and submission of limited liability, partnership and sole trader accounts
- Preparation, review and submission of VAT returns for all business types to include CIS
- Preparation, review and submission of Corporation and Personal Tax returns
- Payroll - set up and process monthly runs and RTI, submit payslips, quarterly PAYE P30's, P45 and P60. Update Auto Enrolment
- Ensure client records are obtained and processed in a timely manner
- Ensure work is planned and progressed in a timely manner
- Respond to client and HMRC queries in a professional manner
- Get to know the clients and their businesses so as to become their point of contact for routine matters
- Administrative and other duties within the practice environment
Essential skills and Experience
- Must have worked within an accountancy practice for 2 years +
- Must have good and in-depth working knowledge of an accounting software system such as TaxCalc or equivalent
- Must have very high level of computer literacy and experience using Advanced Excel, Word, Outlook and other desktop applications
- Experience in bookkeeping packages such as Sage, QuickBooks, Xero.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to be able to liaise with clients, HMRC and team members
- Able to manage and prioritise the workload to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Must have very high level of accuracy
- Ability to use own initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be approachable, self-motivated and be able to work without close supervision and be an integral member of the team
- Able to work methodically, accurately and neatly
- Desire to learn and keep up with tax legislation
- First rate listening, grammar, numeracy, comprehension, oral and written communication skills with excellent telephone manner
- Able to work as part of a team and with clients
- Excellent organisational and record keeping skills
- Professional and punctual attitude
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- At least GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in English and Maths
- AAT level 4 or higher qualification, however if you qualified by experience and feel you are right for this role then we would be happy to hear from you.
Please apply by emailing your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Apply for this role
If you would like to apply for this role please complete your contact details below