Based in Pinner.
A Practice Accountant is required to join our well established and growing Accountancy Practice to undertake a wide range of duties on a full-time basis.
We are seeking a qualified or part qualified Accountant with enthusiasm to work in a growing shop-front practice environment and who can work closely with our small business and individual clients to deliver high quality accountancy services.
This is an excellent long-term opportunity to progress your career working within a small team yet being part of a large successful network.
We are TaxAssist Accountants, the largest network of accountants providing accountancy and tax services specifically to small businesses and individuals. Our services include Limited Company Accounts and Tax, VAT and Tax returns, bookkeeping, payroll, CIS returns, and a wide range of related services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation, review and submission of limited liability, partnership and sole trader accounts
- Preparation, review and submission of VAT returns for all business types to include CIS
- Preparation, review and submission of Corporation and Personal Tax returns
- Payroll and related services including CIS, RTI, HMRC queries, Pensions.
- Ensure client records are obtained and processed in a timely manner
- Ensure work is planned and progressed in a timely manner
- Respond to client and HMRC queries in a professional manner
- Get to know the clients and their businesses so as to become their point of contact for routine matters.
- Administrative and other duties within the practice environment
- Meet potential clients with a view to signing them on.
Essential skills and Experience
- Must have worked within an accountancy practice for 2 years +
- Must have good and in-depth working knowledge of an accounting software system such as CCH, TaxCalc or equivalent
- Must have up to date tax knowledge
- Must have very high level of computer literacy and experience using Advanced Excel, Word, Outlook and other desktop applications
- Experience in bookkeeping packages such as QuickBooks, Xero.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to be able to liaise with clients, HMRC and team members
- Able to manage and prioritise the workload to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Must have very high level of accuracy
- Ability to use own initiative
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Must be approachable, self-motivated and be able to work without close supervision and be an integral member of the team
- Able to work methodically, accurately and neatly
- Desire to learn and keep up with tax legislation
- First rate listening, grammar, numeracy, comprehension, oral and written communication skills with excellent telephone manner
- Able to work as part of a team and with clients
- Excellent organisational and record keeping skills
- Professional and punctual attitude
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- At least GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in English and Maths
- AAT level 4 or higher qualification
If you are interested in applying for the role, please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Apply for this role
If you would like to apply for this role please complete your contact details below