Based in Basingstoke.
Practice Accountant/Junior Partner Designate
Negotiable Depending on Experience £35-40k
A career defining opportunity to move into management, can include a 2 year management training course to round off existing technical qualifications.
TaxAssist Accountants Basingstoke provides a wide range of accountancy services including tax returns, annual accounts, payroll and VAT/bookkeeping, part of the UKs’ largest network of accountants focused on the small business market who offer a wealth of experience and expertise to over 72,000 individuals and businesses across the UK.
We help a diverse range of small businesses including start-ups, sole traders, partnerships and limited companies who operate in many industries. We are initialising an industry leading software estate and the successful candidate would support the development of the practice to make full use of the new software and systems. As well as technical work, mentoring and supervisory responsibilities there is the opportunity to develop management and sales skills to increase client facing opportunities and leading to rapid career development.
An experienced and qualified practice accountant to join a friendly small business practice offering an opportunity to work in a semi senior/senior role on the production of a wide variety of accounts and tax compliance work.
You will supervise and mentor a small team to create bookkeeping, Accounts/Corporation Tax, CIS and VAT for companies and sole traders with turnover up to £2m but generally in the £50-500k range.
You will need to have the personality to fit into a friendly, easy going and supportive environment.
We are looking for full time but can offer flexible hours around the standard 9-5.
To be considered for the position you will have the following experience and attributes:
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in UK general accountancy practice is essential with a good knowledge of UK business tax.
- Good telephone skills and confidence to deal with client queries over the phone.
- Experience of working with incomplete records
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage own workload and to work as part of a team, this could be a first step into a supervisory position but previous supervisory experience is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting
- Being Computer literate is essential, experience of standard practice accounting software is essential, training on packages not previously used can be provided
- CCAB recognised qualifications
- Salary + annual and Christmas bonuses/profit share
- Pension 4% on full salary (to equal employees contribution)
- Friendly working environment
- Professional development training provided
If you feel you are the right person for our accountant position, please apply now with a CV and covering letter.
Apply for this role
If you would like to apply for this role please complete your contact details below