Part time Practice Accountant
Salary: up to £27K pro-rata
Location: Warrington WA2 7AF
Contract: Part time, 24 hours per week or full time Considered
We are part of an award winning, UK-wide network of accountants with more than 280 offices supporting more than 80,000 clients.
We specialise in providing accountancy and taxation services to small businesses.
About the role
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced and ambitious ACA / ACCA Part-Qualified Accountant offering a high level of exposure to clients and overseeing junior resource. Joining the Practice as a Senior Accountant you will support Partners with the management and delivery of accountancy and business advisory services to clients. The practice has an interesting and varied client base, consisting of sole traders, partnerships, small to medium businesses and individuals.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and advising a portfolio of SME, Owner-Managed, sole-trader and individual clients, ensuring Accountancy and Business Advisory services are delivered and clients’ needs are met in full
- Preparing Year-End Accounts, Monthly / Quarterly Management Accounts, Corporate Tax Computations, VAT Returns and personal self-assessment tax returns for clients
- Assisting Managers in the development of Trainees and Junior staff
- Assisting and advising clients, acting as first point of contact for all queries
- Liaising with HMRC
- Overseeing junior staff and managing their workflow to support delivery of services to clients
- Part-qualified or qualified in ACCA or AAT
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role within an accountancy firm
- Technically capable of producing statutory financial statements and managing information to a high standard
- Experience of calculating and submitting client VAT returns
- Experience of calculating and submitting corporation tax and personal tax
- Knowledge of accounting systems such as Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, CCH Central (not all required but more is beneficial) and strong computer literacy
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to facilitate client relationship development and be confident corresponding with clients and HMRC by email and over the phone
- Ambitious, self-starter with an excellent attitude and able to deliver work to target and deadlines
This is an excellent opportunity for a capable individual who enjoys working as part of a team to deliver excellent client service. The ideal candidate will be looking to develop their skills in a rapidly growing and dynamic business using industry leading software with support from a multi award winning accountancy network.
If we’ve just described you and you want to experience the rewarding and varied nature of working with small businesses in a friendly local business atmosphere, then please email your up-to-date CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Strictly no agencies.