Location: Shepherds Bush Market
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 Depending on Experience
Job Title: Practice Accountant
Location: Swiss Cottage or Shepherds Bush, London
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum DOE
Contract: Full time, permanent
TaxAssist Accountants is the largest small-business accountancy group in the UK, with over 400 branches looking after 75,000 plus clients. We are a Times top 25 accountancy company and this is a great chance to be part of a very successful, award-winning brand and firm. We focus on utilising technology and cloud-based software to better service our clients. We have established processes in place, along with access to excellent ongoing training and technical support in all aspects of the role.
We are looking for an experienced Practice Accountant to join our team in either Swiss Cottage or Shepherds Bush. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified individual to join an extremely friendly and ambitious firm.
- Managing a portfolio of clients for whom you will take ownership of producing monthly, quarterly, and yearly deliverables and maintaining the client relationship
- Regular communication with clients to ensure deliverables are accurate and timely including responses to client queries, coordinating with other team members to provide a response where necessary
- The preparation of Tax Returns and Statutory Accounts (under FRS 102, Section 1A and FRS 105) for Companies, Partnerships and Sole Traders
- Engage with clients on a regular basis to assist with tax planning and moving their business forward
- Ensure that all regulatory and compliance checks are in place
- Training and mentoring junior members of staff
- Excellent communication skills. Be able to build and maintain rapport with clients
- Team player with a friendly and positive attitude
- Previous experience of working within an Accountancy Practice managing a portfolio of clients
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/AAT qualified or QBE
- Organised, able to prioritise workloads and be self-sufficient
- Proficient in using QuickBooks, Xero and Excel – knowledge of other software such as TaxCalc would also be beneficial
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then please email your Cv and covering letter to [email protected] detailing why you would be a good fit.
Do you have demonstrable experience within a practice environment managing a portfolio of clients? Do you have a strong knowledge of accounting systems TaxCalc and QuickBooks? Are you eligible to live and work in the UK with fluent English language skills?