Senior Practice Accountant
Salary: £55,000 DOE
Job Title: Senior Practice Accountant
Salary level: c£55k pa depending upon skills and experience
Job Type: Permanent full time
Location: Central London – Farringdon
This role is ideal for an ambitious qualified accountant looking for a new challenge in a commercial and entrepreneurial environment.
Background As part of Group expansion plans we are establishing another new business in central London, working alongside an existing franchisee. This practice will benefit from all of the technical, business development, marketing, software and best practice support available to the rest of our network and we expect it to grow rapidly into a significant business.
The TaxAssist Group is a highly successful international franchisor and the UKs largest network of accountants specialising in small business and individuals, providing accounts, tax, advisory and a range of tailored additional services. The UK network operates from around 370 locations in the UK, dealing with over 75,000 clients with a collective fee bank approaching £50m.
This role will be based in and required to work at Farringdon.
- To directly report to and support the Managing Director of TAD London Ltd in delivering the growth targets and KPIs.
- To deliver client satisfaction as a trusted advisor through consistent delivery of thorough, accurate and complete quality of work.
- Develop a diverse portfolio of clients, including private clients, SMEs, limited companies, partnerships, sole traders; ensuring client service levels and expectations are maintained.
- Develop long term relationships with new and existing clients and ensure all elements of their accounting, business support and growth needs are being met. - Support the delivery of services to clients as required, including the preparation and review of accounts, personal tax returns, corporate tax returns, bookkeeping and payroll functions.
- Help to develop relationships with appropriate offshore/outsourcing providers and implement systems and processes to improve efficiency and maximise profitability through use of their services.
- Interpret and respond clearly and effectively to potential new clients either in person, over the phone or by email.
- Ensure effective and profitable pricing for new and existing clients.
- Manage workflow of a portfolio of clients in a timely manner, including pre year end meetings, annual accounts and tax production and submission, including communication with HMRC and Companies House on behalf of clients.
- Supervising and reviewing work of junior staff members to include monitoring work in progress and work standards and support in their training and development. Staff are in-house, remote and offshore.
- Establish and maintain a professional and friendly working relationship with clients, professional contacts, and team members.
- Record, manage, organise, and update relevant data using software applications.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
- Liaising with HMRC for matters including enquiries and investigations.
- Identifying and referring value add advisory and consultancy services for clients such as tax planning, financial services, profit improvement, financial and business insights.
- Client account administration including engagement, compliance, invoicing and debt collection, CRM, job tracking and reporting, complaints management.
- Maintaining CPD requirements through TaxAssist Academy and professional associations.
- Other duties to support management and other team members as required consistent with the role as directed.
- ACA or ACCA with a minimum of 3 years post qualification practice experience.
- Accounts, VAT and Tax knowledge and experience with OMB, Small Businesses and Individuals
- Confident and experienced user of computerised accounting systems and IT. Preferably Quickbooks, Practice Management systems, TaxCalc, Practice Ignition, Receipt Bank, Virtual Cabinet and Outlook. (In-house training can be provided on all)
- Self motivated personality able to identify and willing to assume additional responsibilities while continuing to deliver all services of the role.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and client service skills.
- Experience or aptitude to thrive working in a dynamic environment as a developing business requires.
- Be friendly approachable and trustworthy
- Customer orientated - deliver excellent customer service
- Take personal responsibility
- Problem solvers – anticipate and solve client problems
- Work together with respect for colleagues and support each other as individuals and teams
- Operate with integrity at all times – know and do what is right
- A fair remuneration package with up to 30 days paid holidays per annum
- Group life cover, company share scheme, salary sacrifice schemes, subsidised gym membership, auto-enrolled workplace pension scheme, study support plus bonuses for performance, referrals and recruitment.
- Preferential service from our in-house Financial Services team, including mortgages & protection products.
- In-house training programme and ongoing CPD.
- Attendance at our 3-day bi-annual conference event
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured for staff and qualifying family
- Company Sick Pay – up to 30 days pa.
If you wish to apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to [email protected]