Senior Practice Accountant
Salary: £37.5 – £42.5k + up to 15% bonus, pro-rated.
Tax Assist Accountants are successful accountancy practices, part of an award winning, UK-wide network of accountants with more than 280 offices supporting more than 70,000 clients. We specialise in providing accountancy and taxation services to small businesses.
In 2021, our Bedford practice won Most Client-Focused Accountancy Practice, as part of the national SME annual business awards. We pride ourselves on meeting all our clients’ accounting needs and providing them with 360-degree support.
The brand also operates internationally with a presence in the USA, Canada, Ireland and Australia.
Our core values are communication, integrity, empathy & dedication. Our team members represent our main asset and we support their success with training opportunities, personal development and career progression.
We are looking for a Senior Practice Accountant, with strong practice experience to support our next growth phase. Comfortable in a small office environment where you will deal with the public, you’ll take responsibility for managing a portfolio of small business clients.
Senior Practice Accountant - The Role:
We are looking for an experienced and self-driven Senior Practice Accountant to work alongside the Senior Partner through exemplary financial management, liaisons with team members, and efficient reporting.
The Senior Practice Accountant’s main focus will be to manage the current client portfolio, the junior team and to meet and acquire new clients. The right candidate will communicate with management and help the firm to get more clients of the right type. He/she will provide exemplary compliance accounting and advisory services to clients, manage our portfolio of clients, providing strong customer service and adhering to the firm’s systems.
Proactive attitude and leadership skills are must have attributes for this role. Communication skills and awareness of the Customer Care Systems are vital in building relationships with clients.
The key duties of the role are as follows:
• Generating new client leads
• Selling services to existing clients
• Managing clients to ensure that the practice is giving class leading service
• Regular client contact, on a pro-active basis
• Managing the team workload to ensure that targets are met, review their work and support them in their personal development.
• Conduct appraisals meetings with junior members of the team and provide them with constructive feedback.
• Perform daily activities of statutory reporting for Accounts, Bookkeeping, VAT Returns, Personal & Business Tax, Payroll, Business Health checks, Basic Tax Planning,
• Adhering to the firm’s systems:
Have a thorough working knowledge of the software applications used by the company. Provide clients and junior member of the team with training and support on these.
• Complete all training programmes as required by the firm. Maintain an average of 40 CPD points per each calendar year.
• Act as a key person for liaison between Principle and clients/other members staff.
Senior Practice Accountant – Skills and Experience:
• Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ICAEW/AFA/CIOT/AAT) with Two or more years’ experience as Senior Accountant. QBE would be considered for an outstanding candidate.
• Experienced in:
• Accounts & Corporation Tax
• Payroll, Bookkeeping & VAT
• Corporate & Personal Taxation
• Business Growth Strategies and Basic Tax Planning
• Business Advisory Services
• Personal Tax
• Capital Gains Tax
• Strong IT & Automation Tools, skills including all MS-Office products
• Team Management skills
• Strong delegation skills
• Strong Communication skills
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Time-Management and Planning Skills
• Specific knowledge of TaxCalc, Quickbooks, Xero and other bookkeeping products
This is an excellent opportunity for a capable individual who enjoys working as part of a team to deliver excellent client service. The ideal candidate will be looking to utilise and develop their skills in a rapidly growing and dynamic business, using industry leading software with support from a multi award winning global accountancy network.
If we’ve just described you and you want to experience the rewarding and varied nature of working with small businesses in a friendly local business atmosphere.
Screening questions: up to 5 questions, up to 100 characters long, inc spaces
Are you a Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ICAEW/AFA/CIOT/AAT) with two or more years’ experience or QBE? Have you experience working in an accountancy practice?
Are you eligible to live and work in the UK with fluent English language skills?
Are you a team player?
Do you live within a commutable distance of Bedford and north Cambridgeshire?
if you are interested in applying for this postion, please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]