Experienced Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper
Salary: Market Rate - Negotiable
TaxAssist Accountants are the largest network of accountants, currently working from over 400 locations, serving over 80,000 clients in the UK, and expanding across Ireland, Australia, Canada, and the United States.
We are a Top 25 accounting network, which is owned by the franchisees and managers.
We specialise in providing accountancy services, tax returns, payroll, bookkeeping, tax savings, and tax advice to our clients - Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and Personal Taxpayers. We have established processes in place, along with access tom excellent ongoing training and technical support in all aspects of the role. We focus on utilising technology and enjoy using cutting edge apps and cloud-based software to better service our clients.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper, ideally with practice experience, to join our growing and ambitious accountancy practices. We require a confident, motivated professional to help us continue to deliver an outstanding service to our clients. The successful applicant will be required to take responsibility for their tasks and responsibilities. They will receive ongoing development and skills-based training, through in-house, coaching, courses and technical updates. We also part fund professional qualifications, depending on commitment and work ethic, to help them progress to a qualified accountant if they wish to do so.
• Bookkeeping and preparation of monthly management accounts, VAT returns and preparation of CIS using accounting packages such as QuickBooks, Sage, KashFlow, Xero etc. (training will be given where required)
• Assisting with the preparation and submission of Self-Assessment Returns
• Assisting with preparation of year-end accounts and tax computations for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
• Registering businesses for PAYE and VAT
• Assisting with payrolls and preparation of P11Ds
• Client correspondence, assisting clients with various queries as well as communicating with HMRC as and when required
• Managing work passed on to third party partners and handling queries arising
• Ensuring clients are invoiced in accordance with work carried out
• Ad hoc administrative and client tasks
Skills and Qualities Required:
• Ideally previous experience within an accountancy practice
• Qualified by experience or part qualified
• Confident in using a range of software packages and able to adapt to various accounting platforms such as: QuickBooks, SAGE, Xero, Brightpay, Staffology, Practice Ignition, TaxCalc, DEXT (please note that training can be given on all of these packages)
• Conversant with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams and email
• Able to effectively work on automated bookkeeping/data entry platforms such as DEXT and Autoentry
• Strong attention to detail and ability to process information accurately
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Proactive in the role and demonstrates relentless and effective follow through to completion of the task
• Ability to manage own workload and work both independently and as part of the team
• Strong communication skills and professional at all times with clients and colleagues
• Positive attitude, commitment and enjoys being part of a team
Please apply in writing via email to [email protected]