Are you our New Accounts Senior?
Are you a dedicated and experienced accounting professional seeking a new opportunity to elevate your career? Look no further! We are a dynamic and forward-thinking company looking to add a talented Accounts Senior to our team.
When you join TaxAssist Accountants in Plymouth you’ll play a pivotal role by:
Becoming part of the TaxAssist Accountants family, and a local team in Plymouth who care about your future, your career development, and ensuring your work goals align with your personal goals.
Getting to work with our lovely clients (let's face it life is too short to work with clients we don’t like…). We care a lot about our clients and love going the extra mile for them. It's one reason we have the most 5* reviews on google of any local practice.
Joining a team where we care about our colleagues, and work as a team together to support each other
Getting the work / life balance right. We do work hard, but we stick to office hours – we don’t work to filing deadlines, we work to target delivery dates. We NEVER have a stressful January and December is for enjoying. We don’t do overtime.
Opening the door to life-long learning – the TaxAssist Learning Academy offers numerous opportunities to continue learning, far beyond just regular tax updates.
Enjoying regular out of work events – recently we’ve had a pub lunch, virtual darts & drinks evening, falconry session, cocktail making afternoon and an amazing couple of nights away at the 5* Celtic Manor Resort
- Salary: £27,000-£34,000 DOE, FTE. Role is primarily office based, hybrid working may be considered for an exceptional candidate. Part / time candidates are also welcome to apply (minimum 22.5 hours per week).
- Generous Employer Commission Scheme on new business introduced
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Life-long Learning: Extensive CPD program available via the TaxAssist Learning Academy and other CPD programmes we have invested into.
- Healthcare cash plan benefit and Same-Day Remote GP Access
- Wellbeing Service with 24 hour support
- 25 days holidays plus bank hols
- Team events
- On street parking and reimbursed at our city centre office
- Cycle to work scheme
- Usual pension plus various discounted services via TaxAssist Accountants partners
We need you to
- Be technically strong with statutory accounts, and confident with your knowledge
- Have a minimum of three years' experience working in an accountancy practice
- Be enthusiastic and motivated by helping clients with their own business
- Be great at organising yourself and others too. This role involves managing workflow and the team to meet guaranteed turnaround times.
- Thrive in a busy environment, and able to prioritise when needed
- Be a team player, and someone who enjoys helping others get the best from their work
- Enjoy chatting to clients, opportunity spotting, and be comfortable putting forwards your ideas
- Be ready to turn your hand to new tasks, and learn new skills and technology
- Be minimum AAT qualified or equivalent, or on the way to ACCA / ACA or equivalent
- Be someone who shares our values in doing business for good – you’ll care about your colleagues, supporting our local community, and working in a carbon positive way
About TaxAssist Accountants in Plymouth
- We are a team of 8, working across two offices in Plymouth
- Part of the wider TaxAssist network, we benefit from fantastic training opportunities, helplines for when we get stuck, and some genuinely awesome network events
- We work with business clients trading in the sub £2m turnover bracket – looking after all their tax and accountancy needs, and more besides including Financial Services, Advanced Tax Planning and much more
- Investing in our team’s future is important to our business – we help our team meet their ambitions including through funding training and through coaching and mentoring
- When you start with TaxAssist Accountants we will map out your personal growth plan and set about helping you achieve it!
If this is you, please apply below, including letting us know why you'd be great for this role.