Based in Plymouth.
Our Plymouth office have a new opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic AAT qualified accountant to join the team.
The role involves lots of client contact including 'portfolio' responsibility for a group of clients, so you can really get to know and help specific businesses. You will take a lead in the preparation of accounts and tax computations for these clients too, reporting to manager and partner.
We take pride in supporting and developing our team - for those that want to progress - and we hope you do - supported career progression to Senior Client Management will be available, and we are an Approved Training Employer for the ICAEW too if you are considering further study.
Excellent people and team working skills are important too – we are a people business first, numbers second.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting our business clients with queries
- Preparation of sole trader and limited company accounts and tax returns for your clients
- Working with and supporting other team members on ad hoc projects
- Helping clients embrace technology in their own business
We are seeking a bright and enthusiastic individual - willing to get stuck in, someone who enjoys meeting with and helping our clients achieve their own goals.
You should be confident around technology - you may find yourself supporting client with queries on their software and in time, recommending software for specific client situations. We can train you on specific products of course - we use Xero, QBO, ReceiptBank, Slack, CCH & Trello as well as the usual Office suspects.
You will have accounts and taxation experience gained from working within a practice accountancy environment for a minimum of two years. Specifically, you will be AAT qualified as a minimum (or equivalent) and may be studying towards ACCA or ACA or thinking about doing so. Study support is available for the right candidates.
Joining TaxAssist means you can:
- Be part of the largest UK small business accountancy network while benefiting from being in a friendly, local business atmosphere
- Experience the rewarding and varied nature of working with local small businesses. You will be helping a wide range of small business owners with their finances, no two days will be the same
- Receive support from an accountancy network and Support Centre for technical and business development support
- Benefit from access to training, CPD, guidance, tools and videos to expand your soft skills and technical knowledge
- Work for an employer that is focused on long-term staff retention and reward.
- Join a team that is quick to adapt, are advocates of cloud bookkeeping and pioneers of 'Real Time Bookkeeping' - we take innovation seriously and are at the forefront in piloting and testing new products for the wider TaxAssist network.
Apply for this role
If you would like to apply for this role please complete your contact details below