Based in Derby Littleover.
FAST-GROWING ACCOUNTANCY PRACTICE SEEKING AN EXPERIENCED ACCOUNTANT.
We are looking for an experienced Accountant, with practice experience, to join our team in Derby. We are entering our second year of trading, and this is an early-stage hire to support our rapid growth.
The role would suit an ambitious individual seeking to grow with the practice and be part of the senior management team from day 1. For the right candidate, we can offer fast progression and potential for an equity stake.
What We Offer
- Salary up to £35k per annum (Depending on experience)
- An instrumental role in growing the business
- Full autonomy and responsibility
- A flexible working policy with the option to work from home
- Opportunity to work as part of a small team, in a relaxed environment
- Casual dress code
- Free parking on site
- 31 days holiday
- Ongoing Training and Development
We launched the Derbyshire branch of Tax Assist in November 2018. Since then, we have experienced early success, growing organically from a standing start to almost 150 clients. We are a forward-thinking, tech-driven business and believe in using technology to reduce costs and make the lives of our clients easier.
As a start-up, we operate in a very different way to traditional accounting firms. We believe in a modern workplace unfettered by the constraints of a corporate environment. Office hours are flexible with the option to work from home.
TaxAssist Accountants – The Franchise
TaxAssist Accountants is a multi-award-winning franchise which has been operating successfully since 1995. TaxAssist Accountants prides itself on being at the forefront of the changes facing the accounting industry, leading the way to ensure our accounting practices are the first choice for small business services and dedicating ourselves to help our accountants build a successful, profitable and future proof ‘one-stop-shop’ business.
With a network of more than 300 highly visible high street shops and offices across the UK, our accountants are ideally placed to take advantage of the opportunities that change is bringing.
TaxAssist Accountants has risen to 22nd in the latest Accountancy Age Top 50 Firms Survey 2018. TaxAssist Accountants entered the Top 50 back in 2010 as the UK's 34th largest firm.
- Preparation, review and submission of limited liability, partnership and sole trader accounts
- Preparation, review and submission of VAT returns for all business types to include CIS
- Preparation, review and submission of Corporation and Personal Tax returns
- Ensure client records are obtained and processed accurately
- Ensure work is planned and progressed in a timely manner
- Respond to client and HMRC queries
- Get to know the clients and their businesses, to become their point of contact for routine matters
- Participating in Senior Management Team meetings
- Taking full accountability for managing your own time and workload as you will be supported but not micro-managed.
- Administrative and other duties within the practice environment
Essential skills and Experience
- Must have worked within an accountancy practice for 2 years +
- Must have a very high level of computer literacy and experience using Advanced Excel, Word, Outlook and other desktop applications
- Experience in TaxCalc, Receiptbank and Quickbooks desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to be able to liaise with clients, HMRC and team members
- Able to manage and prioritise the workload to meet all deadlines
- Must have a very high level of accuracy
Interested in Applying?
Please send a CV and a covering letter (outlining your suitability for the role) to [email protected] or complete the section below.
Apply for this role
If you would like to apply for this role please complete your contact details below