Based in Cambridge.
Based in Cambridge
We’re looking for an experienced Accountant to join our team in Cambridge. Located in two city centre shop front offices this is an excellent opportunity for a qualified or part-qualified individual with recent practice experience to join an ambitious, growing firm.
TaxAssist Accountants is the largest small-business accountancy group in the UK, with over 200 branches looking after over 70,000 clients. This is a great chance to be part of a very successful, award-winning brand and business model. We use the latest cloud based technology available in the UK with full support and training available.
This will be a varied and busy role, and duties will include:
- Looking after limited company, partnership and sole trader clients
- Preparing and filing VAT returns, annual accounts and corporation tax returns
- Preparing and filing personal tax returns
- Other duties as required to support management and the team, eg: answering telephone calls, dealing with enquiries and responding to queries in a timely, courteous and efficient manner and accurately logging information.
- Solid, relevant and recent experience in a practice environment
- Qualified, part-qualified or QBE
- The ability to take ownership of your work and see things through to completion, including working unsupervised and to constant reporting deadlines
- Working current knowledge of UK tax laws and accounting standards applicable to small business
- Strong knowledge of computerised accounting systems and IT proficient – ideally in TaxCalc, QuickBooks, Receipt Bank, Virtual Cabinet and, of course Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of payroll and pensions
- Genuine desire to be a trusted advisor to small business clients
- Good people skills and a confident and friendly personality to help build strong relationships both within the team and with clients
- Exceptional communication, organisational and management skills
- This is a permanent position and can be offered on a full-time or part-time basis, by agreement
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience
- Company pension scheme in place
- In-house training programme and ongoing CPD available
- Modern working environment in both offices
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter, including your salary expectations, to: [email protected]
Apply for this role
If you would like to apply for this role please complete your contact details below