Semi Senior Accountant
Based in Ashford.
Semi Senior Accountant. Min AAT Level 4
£22,000 - £26,000 a year
TaxAssist Accountants is a multi-award-winning franchise which has been operating successfully since 1995. TaxAssist Accountants prides itself on being at the forefront of the changes facing the accounting industry, leading the way to ensure our accounting practices are the first choice for small business services and dedicating ourselves to help our accountants build a successful, profitable and future proof ‘one stop shop’ business.
With a network of more than 300 highly visible high street shops and offices across the UK, our accountants are ideally placed to take advantage of the opportunities that change is bringing.
TaxAssist Accountants has risen to 22nd in the latest Accountancy Age Top 50 Firms Survey 2018. TaxAssist Accountants entered the Top 50 back in 2010 as the UK's 34th largest firm.
Our Mission Statement
At TaxAssist Accountants we wish to deliver an unrivalled Accountancy and Tax Service to small business operators across the UK. By establishing and reinforcing the TaxAssist Accountants core values we aim to become the leading business service of its kind, representing a visible and recognisable brand; known for the cornerstone of value-for-money and service.
Operating since 2001 the practice will be undergoing rapid growth and is seeking the services of a semi senior accountant to assist with the increase in client numbers.
You will work with industry leading technologies, competent and motivated colleagues and have access to the TaxAssist Support Centre for a broad range of support services and training courses.
We are looking for someone with a bright, energetic and can-do personality, service focused, wanting to assist small business owners with the issues facing them. You must be able to converse confidently and competently with a complete variety of small business owners who will be your clients. You will be computer literate and comfortable with the internet.
The ability to think quickly, with initiative is very important. You must be trustworthy, honest, good at problem solving, be motivated and patient, with great attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
You should be able to work alone with motivation and initiative and able to manage a small team, performing well with others. A dynamic and resourceful attitude would be a good fit in this environment.
As a Semi Senior Accountant, you will work closely with the owner and your role will include but not be limited to the following duties:
- Onboarding new clients
- Selling the firms software and accounting solutions
- Preparation and submission of Statutory Accounts for Limited Companies, Partnerships and Sole Traders.
- Assisting in book-keeping and VAT preparation where necessary.
- Preparation and submission of Corporation Tax, Partnership, Sole Proprietor and Self-Assessment Personal Tax returns.
- Liaise with clients to provide advice and support via telephone and email.
- Attending and dealing with client meetings on site when required.
- Coordinating work schedules and ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Reviewing support staff output and ensuring an error free environment.
To be considered for the position, we are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience within an Accountancy Practice is essential.
- Minimum requirement AAT Level 4.
- Good organisational and people skills.
- Experience with cloud-based accounting packages.
- Ability to prioritise work and manage staff to meet deadlines.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
Auto enrollment pension scheme
Flexible working hours
Professional office environment in a semi-rural business centre with plenty of parking.
28 days holiday
Support for further training and qualifications.
If you feel you have the skills necessary for this position, please apply now!
Experienced candidates only.
Own transport essential.
Job Type: Full-time or part-time
Salary: £22,000.00 to £26,000.00 /year
Apply for this role
If you would like to apply for this role please complete your contact details below