HM Revenue and Customs will be carrying out scheduled maintenance over the next two weekends on its Making Tax Digital services for VAT and Income Tax Self-Assessment (ITSA).
• 11.30pm on Saturday 8th June to 10.30am on Sunday 9th June
• 11.30pm on Saturday 15th June to 10.30am on Sunday 16th June
During these periods, you will not be able to:
• Sign up for Making Tax Digital
• Create an Agent services account (although all other Agent services will be available)
• Submit returns
• View previous submissions and payment details
• Set up new or cancel and amend existing direct debits
• Review and update any business details.
Further scheduled maintenance for the MTD VAT service will take place on 17th June, 9am-5pm, when you will be unable to submit VAT returns through MTD software or view return information through your online services account or software.
All other elements of the MTD services will be available during this period, including the ability to sign-up to the service. The payments service will not be available during the Sunday downtimes but will be open on Monday 17th June.
You can find out more about Making Tax Digital* when you book a free initial consultation with us, please call us on 0800 0523 555 or use our simple online enquiry form.
*If you’re affected by Making Tax Digital (MTD) for VAT, you are not required to register for MTD until you have filed your final, non-MTD VAT return. However, businesses can register earlier if they wish to do so. If you pay your VAT liability to HMRC via direct debit, the banking regulations may also impact your window for registration.