Q&A: Filing tax returns

Date Published: 15th January 2013

I have just received my Unique Taxpayer Reference as I need to file a tax return this year. What is the next step to filing my tax return?

The deadline for filing 2011/12 paper tax returns was 31st October. Therefore your tax return must be filed online by 31st January in order to avoid being issued with a late filing penalty.

Therefore, you will now need to register for HM Revenue & Customs’ Online Services and obtain an Activation Code. Please note, it can take seven working days to receive your Activation Code, which means you must register as soon as possible in order to obtain your Code in time for the filing deadline of 31st January 2013.

Alternatively, your local TaxAssist Accountant can file your tax return for you- which could save you tax, stress and time. Please feel free to contact us to arrange your initial free, no-obligation meeting.

By Jo Nockels Google+ Profile

Back to Questions And Answers

Disclaimer: Advice shared in this blog is intended to inform rather than advise. Taxpayer's circumstances do vary and if you feel that the information provided is beneficial it is important that you contact us before implementation. If you take, or do not take action as a result of reading this forum, before receiving our written endorsement, we will accept no responsibility for any financial loss incurred.

Arrange a FREE initial consultation

0800 0523 555

Make an enquiry

How we can help

Call us today on 0800 0523 555 or complete our enquiry form in order to book a FREE initial consultation