Our Plymouth shopfront now seeks an Accounts Senior to provide and deliver high quality tax and accountancy services with the personal touch that our small business clients demand.
Working closely with the partner, you will also be taking a leading role in marketing and developing new business. Existing and target clients will range from start-up to T/O circa £2m.
You will be a ‘people-person’, and be comfortable working hands-on when needed in a busy open plan environment. Above all, you will be passionate about delivering high quality expert tax and accountancy services to SMEs.
You are likely to be ACA / ACCA qualified, and have at least 3 years general practice experience. Portfolio client management experience with a background in both accounts and tax compliance will be an advantage. Candidates QBE may be considered in exceptional circumstances only.
• Lead and assist in the development of the technical team
• Supervise technical team, identify training needs and promoting excellence in our work
• Manage and plan firm resources effectively
• Ensure timely delivery of firm assignments
• Keep partner up to date on client matters
• Prepare assignment budgets and fees
• Meet and quote prospective clients / assignments
• Manage WIP and recovery rates
• Assist in meeting the firm’s financial objectives
• Assisting in promoting the firm and striving to acquire new clients at every opportunity
• Be up to date technically and professionally, and compliant with your professional body’s CPD regulations
• Excellent salary, commensurate with experience
• Performance bonus
• Excellent commission levels payable on introduction of new clients
• Salary review each year
• Private Medical Insurance (non-contributory)*
• NHS Top-Up Cash Plan & Employee Assistance Programme (non-contributory)*
• Genuine long term progression as the firm grows
*After probationary period
No Agencies please. Sorry we are unable to accept candidates needing a certificate of sponsorship for migrants
Send a CV with covering letter stating current salary to email@example.com or
To apply for this job please click here
Call us today on 0800 0523 555 or complete our enquiry form and we will identify your nearest TaxAssist Accountant in order to book a FREE initial consultation